ENHANCING QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGEMENT IN MOROCCO
The project EQuAM-M is an Erasmus+ Capacity buidling in Higher education project led by the University of Barcelona. The focus of the project is to enhance quality assurance managemenet of higher education institutions in Morocco. Partners will collaborate to conduct needs assessments, reviews of current state of affairs, best practices, and develop usefull recources for higher education quality assurnace. Emphasis will be placed on local needs and in aligning and integrating external quality assessment and international quality assessment to meet national needs and international expectations.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The overall aim of the project is to assist Morocco in its ambition to further develop and enhance a new national Quality Assurance Agency for HE whose work will be aligned with the immediate and direct needs of society, whilst also meeting international expectations. The project is concerned specifically with the development, application and outcomes of academic QA and its improvement/enhancement.The Project will identify and assist in the development of :
- a) the essential components of QA system that meet national and institutional needs, and
b) a ‘road map’ and White Paper setting out a reasonable transition from the current situation to one that demonstrably meets international norms and expectations.
The specific objectives for the Project include the development of:
– A road map addressing the necessary detailed requirements for implementing and/or improving the functions and procedures of QA at the institutional level and the link between internal and external QA.
– A white Paper aiming at informing key stakeholders in Morocco on the progressive implementation of the new QA system ; and with the recommendations for meeting the shared needs of EQA and IQA in Morocco. It will include a 10 year « road map » for the progressive « evolution » of QA for Moroccan HE to support the development of a quality culture.
– A shared toolkit to meet needs of internal and external QA in Morocco that will lead to a code of Practice for the Management of Quality Assurance in Moroccan universities.
The project will be divided in six main phases :
- Current QA in Mroccan HE
2. Comparing experiences with EU agencies and their relationships with HEIs
3. Development of a quality assurance « tool kit »
4. Aligning EQA and IQA
5. Piloting the QA tool kit and code of practice
6. Enhancing QA management and its impact on Moroccan HE
– Universitat de Barcelona (UB) -Spain
– Ministère de l’enseignement Supérieur de la Recherche Scientifique et de la Formation des Cadres (MESRSFC)- Maroc.
– Agence National d’Evaluation et d’Assurance Qualité de l’Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche Scientifique (ANEAQ)- Maroc
– University Abdelmalek Essaadi (UAE)- Maroc.
– University Ibn Tofail -(UIT)
– Center for the Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology LTD -(CARDET)
– University Hassan I -(UH1)
– University Hassan II – (UH2C)
– University Moulay Ismail -(UMI)
– University Cadi Ayyad -(UCA)
– University Mohammed V -(UM5R)
– University Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdellah -(USMBA)
– University Mundiapolis -(MUC)
– Euro-Mediterranean University of Fès -(UEMF)
– University IBN Zohr -(UIZ)
– Agencia Nacional de Evaluacion de la Calidad y Acreditacion -(ANECA)
– European Association for Quality Assurance in higher education -(ENQA)
– Université de Montpellier (UM) -France
– Universita degli studi di Roma « La Sapienza » (UNIROMA1) -Italy
Co-funded by :
Co-funded by :